Guidance Office | Phone (330) 825-6104 | Fax (330) 706-0369
Mrs. Jessica WIlliams Mrs. Tracey Colecchi
Guidance Counselor (Last Names A-K) Guidance Counselor (Last Names L-Z)
(330) 825-6104 ext. 532128 (330) 825-6104 ext. 532127
Mrs. Georgiann Hosbach
Class of 2022
A FINAL TRANSCRIPT FORM MUST BE FILLED OUT IN ORDER FOR YOUR TRANSCRIPT TO BE SENT TO YOUR COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY/CAREER TECH SCHOOL. STOP IN THE GUIDANCE OFFICE FOR A FINAL TRANSCRIPT FORM.
GRADUATION WILL BE HELD ON MAY 22,2022 @ 2:00 PM
HERE AT THE NORTON HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL FIELD.
ONCE AGAIN OFFERING FREE TUITION FOR 2022 HIGH SCHOOL GRADS.
AP AND CCP FUTURE STUDENTS
IF PARENTS AND STUDENTS WERE UNABLE TO ATTEND THE CCP MEETING THEY MUST LOOK AT THE POWERPOINT PRESENTATION AND EMAIL YOUR STUDENT'S COUNSELOR TO VERIFY THAT THEY HAVE LOOKED THROUGH THE INFORMATION. ONCE THE COUNSELOR RECEIVES THE VERIFICATION EMAIL FROM THE PARENT THEY WILL PROVIDE THE STUDENT WITH THE CCP PACKET WITH THE MANDATORY FORMS THAT NEED TO BE TURNED IN.
NEW STUDENT SCHEDULING
If you have registered your student on FINAL FORMS the next step is student scheduling. A parent/guardian MUST EMAIL their student's counselor to schedule an appointment before your student may begin attending Norton High School.
Please have a prior school transcript available when you and your student talk with a counselor.
1. STUDENTS MAY REQUEST A SCHEDULE CHANGE DURING THE FIRST FIVE DAYS OF THE SEMESTER ONLY,
2. THERE WILL BE NO SCHEDULE CHANGES BASED ON TEACHER PREFERENCE.
3. STUDENTS MAY REQUEST SCHEDULE CHANGES FOR ELECTIVE CLASSES ONLY.
4. ALL SCHEDULE CHANGE REQUESTS MUST BE MADE THROUGH EMAIL BY THE PARENT/GUARDIAN TO THE COUNSELOR. SCHEDULE CHANGE REQUESTS FROM THE STUDENT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
5. IF THERE IS A QUESTION OR CONCERN REGARDING THE SCHEDULE A PHONE CONFERENCE MAY BE SET UP. THERE WILL BE NO IN-PERSON MEETINGS WITH PARENTS.
6. SCHEDULE CHANGES ARE NOT GUARANTEED AND ARE SUBJECT TO CLASS SIZE AND AVAILABILITY.
7. WE TRY TO ACCOMMODATE ALL OF YOUR CLASS REQUESTS. IF YOU SEE A CLASS YOU DID NOT REQUEST IT IS BECAUSE THE CLASS YOU WANTED WOULD NOT FIT IN YOUR SCHEDULE.
***PAST NORTON HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES, PRESENT SENIORS, AND JUNIORS NEEDING A TRANSCRIPT FOR COLLEGE, SCHOLARSHIPS, OR EMPLOYMENT. PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK Transcript Request Form, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS ON THE PAGE. PLEASE FILL OUT THE REQUEST FORM IN ITS ENTIRETY. YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO INCLUDE A COPY OF YOUR ID ALONG WITH THE FORM. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE TRANSCRIPT REQUESTS ON THE SCHOOL PHONE LINE BUT EMAIL YOUR COMPLETED REQUESTS TO: [email protected]
TRANSCRIPT REQUESTS WILL TAKE UP TO 5 BUSINESS DAYS TO COMPLETE, PLEASE BE PATIENT. YOU WILL NEED A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS OR STREET ADDRESS FOR THE TRANSCRIPT TO BE SENT.
WE DO NOT OFFER COPIES OF HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMAS
College Entrance Exams 21/22 – ACT
ACT and SAT registration and test prep materials are available on the ACT and College Board websites.
The test dates below
June 11, 2022
July 16, 2022
Testing Site: 239690
College Board: http://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org ACT: http://www.actstudent.org
What is the role of a Secondary School Counselor?We are professional educators with a mental health perspective to understand and respond to the challenges presented by today's diverse student population. We provide proactive leadership to help students achieve success in school. Some of the ways we do this are through: Individual and group counseling, career planning, academic skills support, organizational, study and test-taking skills, post-secondary planning, coping strategies, peer relationships and effective social skills, career awareness, substance abuse education, diversity awareness, family/school crisis intervention, consultation/collaboration, referral, and many others.
COUNTY OF SUMMIT ADM BOARD
NORTON HIGH SCHOOL CLASS OF 2020
THE CLASS OF 2020 NORTON HIGH SCHOOL
LOCAL SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK TO BE REDIRECTED
TO NHS VIRTUAL SCHOLARSHIP WINNER RECOGNITION VIDEO